- About Us with Current Pictures and Articles
- Calendar of Events (list)
- Community Center
- Library Media Center . . . . . . Open to the Public
- Parks and Recreation
- Recent News
- Youth Activities, Clubs & Organizations
- Clubs & Organizations
- Comprehensive Plan 2017
- Officials & Volunteers
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Contact Us
Property Damage at City Park - June 09, 2017
The Lawson Police Department is asking for your help in identifying the driver of a light blue Je... [more...]
Caution***Railroad Crossing on Moss - May 17, 2017
The Railroad crossing on Moss is undergoing repairs. The rails have been raised and the railroad ... [more...]
Road work - May 05, 2017
Work on the culvert on Salem Rd. continues through next week. Please slow down for the workers. ... [more...]
March 2017 Edition
Spring is officially here. Daylight savings time has come and gone and we are enjoying an extra hour of day light. I love this time of year! We will soon be out mowing and enjoying the beauty and smells of springtime.
I am very excited about all the activity that is happening throughout Lawson. From MGE as they advance down 69 hwy, Villas at Hidden Valley breaking ground, and numerous builders building new homes throughout Lawson. The tear down of the VFW is nearing completion. Strange to see this big hole in the middle of downtown, however, it will be exciting to see the new building being erected in the coming months.
In addition to the above, we are working on putting a presentation together to lay out the plans for the execution of the $4.5 bond funds in 2017, 2018, 2019, and beyond addressing infrastructure needs both existing and new. I do want to report that we have been moving full speed ahead on various projects and you will see the execution and construction of these projects in the coming months. Many of these projects secured through the efforts of our EDC Director, Ben Hyde. These projects provide significant benefits and are as follows;
- Trails System (phase I) – We received $199,200 in Transportation Alternative Program Funds. This will be to build a sidewalk on the north side of D highway going from Pennsylvania Avenue to Sheppard Road. The great news is that our shared cost on this grant is only 25% of the total cost.
- City Lake Upgrades – We received $202,000 from the Missouri Department of Conservation Grant to replace the existing parking area, install new privy and floating fishing dock, construct connecting reinforced concrete walkway from parking area to privy, fishing dock, and fishing jetty. Install 250 square yards of rip-rap along all sides of existing fishing jetty for erosion control. Again, the city’s cost for this grant is 25% of the total cost.
- City streets & storm water projects identified with final costing being completed. A list of these projects will be forthcoming and plans to begin construction will be in the coming months.
As you can see when you drive around Lawson, there is a lot going on and that is very exciting to see. I want to advise everyone that we have been in discussions with a few grocery store operators on bringing a grocery store to Lawson. We will keep you posted on our discussions as well as possible timing.
- March 27, 2017 - 6:00 PM City Council Meeting